Yes, that is right...I finished! Not in record time or anything, but I made it through without any problems. The weather was cool and clear, so it was a great day for a long run! Here I am at mile 25.2. Only 1 mile to go!

Darla was my official photographer and my cheering section too. Christian de Rivel, one of the owners of SnoreStop (the company that made a big donation www.SnoreStop.Com) was also there. They did an amazing job of zipping around the city and finding the perfect locations to see me run past. In total, they found me at four different points of the race. With 40,000 runners...that was pretty amazing! I guess the combination of their great navigation skills and the fact that I was wearing white pajamas worked out pretty well.
I wanted to take this time to thank you so much for your support and willingness to help with the MilesForMacha project. Thanks to your generous donation we are currently at $11,410.29. I can't tell you how much my parents and the children of MICS appreciate your help. I was able to spend 2 month in Zambia this fall. The children and teachers were all so excited about the race, the pajamas, and the new school vehicle. Your contributions have brought joy and excitement to these children and a tiny village all the way around the world!We still have a ways to go with the fundraising for the new vehicle, but we are optimistic that we will reach our goal within the next several months.
I am continuing my relationship with SnoreStop, so it looks like I will be running in pajamas again. Anything to create awareness for MilesForMacha! So look for the Pajama Man in a marathon near you!
Thank you again!

0 comments: