This week has been tough...and it is only half over!
On Monday I had to run 16 miles, then 4 on Tuesday, 8 on Wednesday, and 4 miles today. I still have to run another 8 on Saturday and 17 miles on Sunday. That is 57 miles within a 7 day period!
The way that my training schedule is set up requires me to increase the miles I run for 2 consecutive weeks and then taper off for some recovery time on the 3rd week. My recovery week happened to fall on the week of the Chicago Distance Classic half marathon...so I didn't really get a "recovery week". I think that might be part of the reason that my body is not too happy with me!
Its not that bad. I have to admit, I couldn't ask for a better place to run. The paths of Chicago are amazing. Everyday I get to run past views like this oneIt sure is a great start to my day. I will post more pictures as time goes on.
Wish me luck on my runs this weekend!

0 comments: