I had to get up at 4:45 this morning to make it downtown in time for the start of the Chicago Distance Classic Half Marathon. The race started at 6:30am on the south end of Grant Park. Darla was my official support team and photographer (no one else was crazy enough to get up this early on a Sunday morning!).
The weather was perfect, about 65 degrees. The 13.1 mile course took us south down lake shore drive and then back north along the path that runs next to the lake.
I finished the race in 2 hours 2 minutes (I actually ran a half marathon in 2hrs 1 min, but they just notified us that the course was slightly longer than it should have been...ooops!). I was happy to have competed my first official half marathon in about 2 hours. That was my goal for this race.
The pajamas worked great. They are a little bulkier than anything I am used to running in, but the material is very light weight, so it wasn't too bad.
I even had a guy come up to me and tell me that he had heard about Miles For Macha and how he thought it was a great project!

0 comments: